Miami, FL, September 6, 2022 — A new group of stars set to rock the 2022 Billboard Latin Music Awards stage was announced today by Telemundo. Alejandra Guzmán, Ángela Aguilar, Calibre 50, Elvis Crespo, Farruko, Los Ángeles Azules, Ozuna and Piso 21 make up the latest roster of top artists that will bring exciting performances at the coveted event, which will broadcast live on Telemundo on Thursday, September 29th at 7pm/6c from the Watsco Center in Miami, Florida. The Billboard Latin Music Awards will also be simulcast on the Hispanic entertainment cable channel, Universo, Peacock, the Telemundo App, and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on Telemundo Internacional.
Music lovers will also enjoy previously announced performances by Camilo, Carlos Vives, Chayanne, CNCO, Eslabon Armado, Grupo Firme, Maluma, Pablo López, Pepe Aguilar, Raphael, and Tini.
The new confirmed stars include:
- Alejandra Guzmán, the Queen of Rock will be taking a break from her “Tuya Tour” in Mexico to light up the stage at the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
- Angela Aguilar, the regional Mexican star, and youngest member of the Aguilar dynasty will arrive at the awards amid the successful “Jaripeo Sin Fronteras” tour with her father and brother.
- Calibre 50, the Sinaloan regional Mexican group that is up for five awards, including Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Duo or Group, will perform following the release of their latest single “El Callado.”
- Elvis Crespo, the most influential Puerto Rican merengue artist, is a finalist in the Tropical Artist of the Year, Solo category.
- Farruko, the Puerto Rican urban music singer and songwriter is one of the night’s top finalists, vying for 11 awards, including Artist of the Year.
- Los Ángeles Azules, one of Mexico’s most famous cumbia and salsa bands, is a finalist in the Tropical Artist of the Year, Duo or Group category and will arrive at the awards following the launch of their “De Iztapalapa Para el Mundo” tour.
- Ozuna, the Puerto Rican singer and actor, who is a finalist in the category of Top Latin Albums Artist of the Year, Male, recently released with Gims the collaboration “Arhbo,” one of the official soundtracks for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Colombian group Piso 21 is a finalist in the Latin Rhythm Artist of the Year, Duo or Group category, and will hit the stage after the recent release of “Los Cachos,” a collaboration with Manuel Turizo.
The awards coincide with Billboard Latin Music Week, which returns to Miami Sept. 26 — Oct. 1, 2022, celebrating Latin music, culture, and entertainment all week long with exclusive performances, one-of-a-kind conversations, workshops, showcases and exclusive fan experiences. Learn more about Billboard Latin Music Week and register at billboardlatinmusicweek.com.
For the latest news, follow the event on Telemundo.com/PremiosBillboard and on social media: