Sofia Reyes: 10 Things You Should Know About the Bilingual Singer
Latin American Music Awards nominee Sofia Reyes turns 24 today!
From singing pop, reggaeton and R&B to singing acoustics ballad’s here are 10 things you should know about the bilingual singer.
1. She was born in Monterrey, Mexico.
2. At the age of six, her grandmother taught her how to play the piano.
3. She moved to Vancouver for six months to learn English.
4. She was discovered on YouTube.
5. At the age of 17 she moved to LA as an independent artist to pursue her career.
6. She’s was the first singer to be signed to the label Royce but she's signed to Warner Music Group.
7. She has collaborated with some of the most popular artists in the music industry such as Prince Royce, Jason Derulo, De La Ghetto and Puerto Rican reggaeton star Wisin just to name a few.
8. In 2016, she became the first female artist in over five years to chart in at number one on the Latin Pop Billboard charts.
9. In 2018, she recorded Mexico’s official World Cup anthem, “Vamos por la Estrella.”
10. She teamed up with British singer-actress Rita Ora and Brazilian pop superstar Anitta to deliver “R.I.P.,” one of her best songs yet.
Don’t forget to vote for Sofia Reyes or your favorite artist here!