Hispanic TV’s most ambitious reality show, Los 50 (The 50), premiering on Telemundo Tuesday, July 18 at 7pm/6c, reveals the first six celebrities chosen by the eccentric character of the Lion (El León) to participate in this one-of-a-kind competition. Thali García, Manelyk González, Lorenzo Méndez, Isabella Sierra, Juan Vidal and Salvador Zerboni have accepted the challenge and will face this unprecedented game in the hopes of winning up to $350,000 cash. More personalities will be announced soon to make up a total of 50 who must eat and sleep with the enemy inside the luxurious hacienda, while living disconnected from the outside world. Here, they will face a series of challenges to test their physical and mental abilities led by the Machiavellian character, who will be accompanied by his helpers — foxes, dogs, and rabbits.
The first six confirmed personalities are:
· Thali García, Mexican actress, singer, model, and host who participated in a Nickelodeon Latin America production. She has also been part of many other important productions including Telemundo’s hit series El Señor de los Cielos and Silvana sin Lana, among others.
· Manelyk González, reality TV star who was the second runner-up on the first season of Telemundo’s La Casa de Los Famosos and served as a panelist during the third season of the reality show’s Sunday edition.
· Lorenzo Méndez, two-time Latin Grammy award winner, the Mexican American singer and composer became popular as the lead vocalist of the renowned music band La Original Banda El Limón. He participated in Telemundo’s dance competition, Así se Baila.
· Isabella Sierra, Colombian actress, singer, and dancer who had her breakout role playing the daughter of Teresa Mendoza (Kate del Castillo) in Telemundo’s second and third seasons of La Reina del Sur. The young talented actress also played Griselda Blanco as a child in Cocaine Godmother.
· Juan Vidal, born in the Dominican Republic and currently living in Mexico, is an actor who has participated in several films, theater plays and TV productions, including reality shows like La Casa de los Famosos season two.
· Salvador Zerboni, celebrated film and TV actor, who has played leading roles in several series, including La Reina del Sur, as well as notable films and realities such as the second season of La Casa de los Famosos, where he became the second runner-up.
Los 50 is an innovative family-friendly format that welcomes 50 renowned personalities who will live together in a luxurious hacienda, disconnected from the outside world as they compete in a series of unpredictable and daring elimination challenges. Playing under the command of the eccentric and mysterious game master, El León (The Lion), together with his team of assistants comprised of foxes, dogs and rabbits, participants will have to make alliances and develop strategies to avoid elimination until one of them walks away with the cash prize, up to $350,000. Viewers will also have the chance to be part of the action and win a significant amount of cash at the end of the competition by supporting their favorite celebrity player.
Created by Banijay Productions France, Los 50 is produced by Banijay Americas company, EndemolShine Boomdog, for Telemundo, under the executive production of Francisco “Cisco” Suarez, Executive Vice President of Programming for Telemundo’s Primetime Reality and Specials, together with Michela Giorelli, Vice President of Unscripted Production, and Pancho Calvo and María José Barraza as executive producers.
Viewers can watch episodes of Los 50 live or catch up through the Telemundo app, available on the Google Play Store and Apple Store, or by visiting Telemundo.com. The episodes will also be available the next day on the Peacock streaming service. Viewers will soon be able to visit www.Los50telemundo.com and the Telemundo Entretenimiento YouTube channel for exclusive content from the competition. Fans will be able to join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter via @TelemundoRealities using hashtag #LOS50.