Cheers with this Traditional Puerto Rican Coquito
For Puerto Ricans, it’s not Christmastime without Coquito. This traditional alcoholic beverage is a holiday staple for Boricua families. You can’t go wrong with this simple, and yummy recipe.
- 1 can of cream of coconut (preferably Coco López)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5-8 ounces of white rum (or to taste)
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches of ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches of ground cloves
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix quickly.
2. Do not mix too long and careful with the cloves.
3. Store the coquito in an old rum bottle. Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
5. Enjoy and happy holidays!
Do you love coquito? What is your favorite holiday drink? Let us know!